Sunday, December 5, 2010

There Will Always Be Questions...

The Fall semester of 2010 has been my first exposure to education courses in my path to receiving a Master’s degree in Secondary Education.  I feel that I have learned so much through my experiences and studies, but there is still so much to learn.  I will continue to develop my thoughts on teaching as I progress through the program and into my first years of teaching to conclude a solid personal philosophy of teaching.  Here are so questions that I still hope to answer:

  • Why are there some teachers that are so adamantly opposed to student-centered learning for their area of concentration?  Is our job as educators not to seek out what is best for all students and not ourselves?
  • How do I continue to develop as a teacher once I graduate and acquire a job to ensure that I am not complacent and hardened to new ideas and technologies for my subject area?
  • How will I balance the pressures of state, local and national standards as well as administrative requirements to prepare the students for testing with the personal conviction to engage and connect the students with the content for the course?

No comments:

Post a Comment